Liposuction (Body Contouring)
Even when you are careful about your diet and exercise regularly, there are some areas that just won't improve.
These areas are usually on the outer or inner thighs, waist, abdomen, buttocks or hip area. We can also use liposuction to improve arms, knees, calves, upper torso, neck and under the chin. At Dunagan, Yates & Alison, we offer options with liposuction based on what method will work best for you.
We use Vaser Liposelection, a procedure that uses sound waves to liquefy fat, making it easier to remove. The technique is similar in concept to lithotripsy, the procedure that uses sound waves to break up kidney stones so they can easily leave the body through the urinary tract.
Vaser Liposelection uses a probe inserted through small incisions to deliver sound waves to specific areas of fat. The fat is liquefied and drained with mild suction. The process is a gentle technique, which allows larger amounts of fat to be removed while the patient has minimal bruising, blood loss and swelling.
Liposuction can be performed on the following areas:
It offers many benefits including:
- Improved sculpting ability. When the fat is liquefied, it feathers in a way similar to an artist's airbrush, which leaves a more smooth final appearance.
- Fat is drained from the body instead of suctioned.
- Precise removal of fat, which keeps blood loss and bruising at a minimum.
- Fat cells are permanently removed.
- Easier removal from difficult areas such as the upper abdomen and back.
- Shorter recovery time